Maintaining your privacy and security
Pheasants Forever Calgary is committed to providing you with a safe, secure and confidential data exchange experience. We adhere to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and the Canada Anti-Spam Legislation.
- Accountability: Pheasants Forever Calgary is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for the organization’s compliance with the following principles.
- Identifying purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by Pheasants Forever at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except when inappropriate. Pheasants Forever Calgary shall obtain express or implied consent when required to send commercial electronic messages.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting use, disclosure, and retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by the law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfilment of those purposes.
- Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: Pheasants Forever Calgary shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
What do we use your personal information for?
The purpose for which personal information is collected is to provide customized service to you. You may receive:
- Membership renewal notices
- Fundraising requests
- Electronic newsletters
When is your personal information collected?
Personal information is collected when you purchase your membership or a gift membership or when a product is purchased. This information may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your street address, city, province/state, country, postal code/zip
- code, telephone and fax numbers
Who may have access to your personal information?
Strict controls are maintained over access to personal information you share with us.
Do we disclose you personal information to anyone else?
Keeping your information updated
If your personal information has changed, or if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please call 403-995-9960 or contact us.